About Me

My photo
Oxford, United Kingdom
Friendly,Nice and...Hardworking...maybe???...(^_^)...Kekekekeke...

Sunday 4 October 2009

Ethical question


"A fellow employee told me he plans to quit the company in two months and start a new job which has been guaranteed to him.Meanwhile, my boss told me that he wasn't going to give me a new opportunity in our company because he was going to give it to my fellow employee now.What should I do?"

There are 2 situations for this case:
  • If I'm a substitute with that fellow employee:
So in my own idea,staying with that company is the right choice.Because,it's a big opportunity for me to stay at the company,because I could be sent to higher hierarchy.It's beneficial if that fellow employee will leave,therefore,the place for me to be replaced of him is quite safe.

So why not staying at that company,wait till he leave,and have his job,withi higher responsibilities and higher hierarchy.Also,the boss will understand,that if he will give that fellow a new opportunity,it will be W.O.S because he will leave and it will cost a lot to retrain and reemploy.Also it may cost because of recruitment .It's quit not very ethical because our benefit will be our fellow employee's leaving.But......still,this how competition work...We have to compete to improve..and to survive

  • If I'm not a substitute for that fellow:
So there will be no opportunity for me if that fellow will leave.In other way ,there's nothing affecting me if he leaves.Because,anyway if he leaves,I will not be instead of him doing his work,so there will be no new opportunity for me.So there will be other employees who might do his work.Also For the Y-theory workers such as me ,no responsibility and achievement means "failed".

But I could probably make or force the boss of the company to do that fellow's work by affecting his brain.I'll also move to another company,and for the company,people leaving is not beneficial,especially at the same time!Others might feel demotivated and they may reduce their productivity or even move as well.So the boss may try to keep me and motivate me by giving that fellow's job.IF this won't even work,Therefore leaving the company and find a new job will be the best choice

No comments: